10.23.2009

Sleepless Nights Managed

This may seem simple, but I came up with a new way to help with sleep at night. Our 5.5 little nursling is still up pretty regularly at night. I did have a clock by my bed and every time she woke I would see the time. UUUGGG! Only one hour has passed?!

This was driving me crazy. I accidentally stumbled upon a new concept. Our clock has a sound machine (sound machines are a must-have in every sleeping person's room in our home). I plugged it back in after being out of town right before we were headed to bed, so it was set to 12:00. Instead of seeing the time each time I woke, I saw how many hours I had slept. It was a definitely a more positive way to look at it... and I had no idea what time it was.

So I've done this two nights in a row and it is making a huge difference (even when she woke up every hour a few times last night). So each night, I have set the clock to 12:00 and just gone with it. When I wake up and it says 8:59, I know I have slept (even if not consecutively) almost 9 hours!

Happy Hiking!

No comments:

Post a Comment